What are the benefits in doing a Community Led Plan?
- Gives the community a voice to discuss/debate about the issues, where they live and work
- Identifies new services that can be provided
- Looks at ideas to improve community facilities for all
- Highlights issues of concern as well as what people like about their community
- Supports funding applications by providing evidence of need
What are the benefits for Parish Councils?
- A Community Led Plan provides a strong mandate for the Parish Council to represent the community
- They can adopt it as their Action Plan, as it is based on the views of the community
- Local Authorities and other stakeholders are reassured that the community has been thoroughly consulted.
Support From HWRA
- Access to the Community Led Planning Toolkit
- Advice and support for each stage of the process
- Looking for funding to develop or implement your plan
- Links to other groups/ organisations
- Single point of contact with Local Authorities
- Help to develop project ideas through action plan recommendations
To find out more about the Community Led Plan process, interested parishes or community groups should contact Peter on 01652 63700 or 07539 477046, or email email@example.com
The following communities have completed a Community Led Plan and those highlighted can be viewed online.
East Yorkshire: Aldbrough, Airmyn, Atwick, Barmston, Bishop Wilton, Brandesburton, Catton, Cottingham, Easington(2), Elloughton cum Brough, Gilberdyke, Great Hatfield, Hessle, Holmpton, Hollymn, Holme on Spalding Moor, Hornsea, Hotham, Hutton Cranswick, Keyingham, Middleton on the Wolds, Newbald(2), Newport, North Cave, North Ferriby, North Frodingham, Pocklington, Roos(2), Rudston, Sancton, Seaton, Seaton Ross, Skeffling, Skipsea, Snaith & Cowick(2), South Cave, Stamford Bridge, Welwick, Wilberfoss, Withernsea.
Northern Lincolnshire: Alkborough, Brigg, Burton upon Stather, Broughton, Crosby Neighbourhood Pathfinder, Crowle, Haxey, Healing, Kirton in Lindsey, Ulceby(2), Viking Resource Centre, West Butterwick, Winterton, Wootton.