Please contact us on
01652 637 700

Related Pages


"The resulting Community Led Plan forms a blueprint for use by Town/Parish Councils and other local bodies, as well as providing evidence for funding bids to enable the actions identified to be completed."

Where to go over the Easter weekend

7th April 2017

In the East Riding of Yorkshire most GP practices will be closed from Good Friday (14 April) and over the Easter weekend, reopening on Tuesday 18 April.

Dr Gina Palumbo, local GP and CCG Clinical Chair said,

“Many minor illnesses and injuries can often be treated at home using shop bought medicines, by keeping a well-stocked medicine cabinet and first aid kit you are prepared to look after yourself and your family. Most simple ailments will begin to get better within a couple of days.

“For people who are on repeat medication, I would strongly recommend they plan ahead and make sure they have enough medication to last whilst their GP practice is closed.

“If you do need to see a GP over the bank holiday and your practice is closed, there is a GP out of hours service that can be accessed by calling NHS 111.”

“Pharmacists are able to offer quick, early advice to patients who feel under the weather and can now provide some medicines usually only available on prescription, saving a trip to the doctor.

“Local pharmacists are a highly trained and trusted source of health advice and can provide help to people who have a bad cough, a bit of a wheeze, a cold or sore throat 

The CCG are also advising people to use a minor injury unit if appropriate, to help ease the pressure on Accident and Emergency services. Patients do not need an appointment to attend a minor injury unit but the CCG advise to call in advance to ensure the unit is open before attending.

“Over the Easter weekend I would encourage anyone with a less serious injury that cannot be treated at home to consider visiting a minor injury unit.

“These units can treat cuts, sprains and minor burns and can save people from waiting in busy Accident and Emergency departments. You don’t need an appointment to visit a minor injury unit, but we do recommend that people call in advance to check that they are open.

More information on minor injury units, including locations, contact details and opening hours can be found on the CCG’s website;

Make an enquiry

Please fill out the form below
and we'll be in touch as soon as
we can:

Latest Tweets

Do something amazing for people with #dementia, volunteer to raise funds at forthcoming Tour de Yorkshire,go to

RT @RadioHumberside: Over one in ten households in the #Yorkshire and #Humber region are living in fuel poverty according to a new report.…

see all tweets

Community News Read all »


East Riding of Yorkshire non-emergency medical transport provider announced

NHS East Riding of Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is pleased to announce that following a rigorous procurement process Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust (YAS) has been awarded a new five-year contract to continue running non-emergency medical transport services (previously referred to as patient transport service) across the East Riding of Yorkshire.

read more

Where to go over the Easter weekend

Easter is almost upon us, and whilst for many people this leads to a couple of extra days away from work to spend with their family and friends, it also means some health services can be closed. The East Riding of Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is encouraging people to stock up on medication so that they are prepared if they fall unwell.

read more
hall master Online booking & invoice management for your villiage hall or venue aon

Supported by

acre action with communities acre level 3 standard