The scheme aims to:-
- Save members money by bringing residents and communities together to make the most of their collective buying power to reduce the price of oil
- Pass the savings on to the members directly.
- The scheme is open to households, community buildings and businesses that use oil to heat their homes and premises including Churches and Village Halls.
- Environmentally minimises the number of tanker journeys made in rural areas.
How does it work?
- Individual households pay as little as £20 for the year: If you join part way through the year, the fee is calculated at £5 per remaining quarter.) Currently membership is £15 which takes you through to the end of Dec '16.
- Community Buildings pay £30.
- Businesses pay the following fees: 1 - 5 employees - £30; 6 - 10 employees - £40; 11 - 50 employees £50; 50+ employees £100.
Household and Business Membership Forms are available at the bottom of this page.
- New members can place an order as soon as they submit their application form and pay their membership fee.
- Minimum order quantity is 500 litres.
- One price per litre for any quantity ordered.
Orders can be placed with your local Coordinator if you have one or directly with HWRCC. (Tel 01652 637700 or email email@example.com)
Once your order is received, you can sit back and relax as we negotiate the best price from a range of suppliers. You will be notified of the pence per litre price by HWRCC. Deliveries are made within 10 working days of the order being placed. Always ensure you have three to four weeks supply of oil in your oil tank when ordering to avoid risk of running out. You pay the supplier directly.
Becoming a Co-ordinator gives you free membership in return for co-ordinating the monthly orders for your community and emailing them to us prior to the order deadline date. More information is available in our co-ordinators leaflet below.
The scheme will help local residents cut the cost of their domestic heating bills. An average saving of 5p per litre would equate to a saving of £25 off a 500 litre order and £50 off a 1000 litre order. However, savings will depend on market forces and supply and demand. All the savings will be passed on to our members.
Oil Savers Scheme (Credit Union)
Hull & East Yorkshire Credit Union has developed a scheme which encourages people to make regular saving towards their oil purchase. Credit Union members will also have access to funds so that they can purchase their heating oil when required and then spread their repayments over the year. They will also be able to access finance to top up their oil once again. This scheme is designed to help those who may struggle to meet the upfront costs of buying heating oil.
More information on this initiative is available through H&EYCU. For more information go to: www.hullandeycu.co.uk or download the leaflet at the bottom of the page.
NB: Membership renewals have recently been sent to all existing members. To purchase oil in 2017, you should have rejoined by 1st January 2017. Membership fees (£15 pro rata until end of Dec.'17) can be paid by BACs or cheque, whichever is most convenient. Please complete a new Membership form and return it to us either by post or email.
The average cost of heating oil across the UK on 3rd Apr is currently 40.25p per litre (exclusive of 5% VAT). (Courtesy of Boilerjuice)
Please note that the scheme placed it an order at the beginning of April 2017. The price negotiated was 36.50p per litre exclusive of VAT. This represented a saving of 6.75p litre on the most expensive price quoted for 500 litres of oil and provides a saving of £33.75 on a 500 litre order, which would easily pay for the membership fee of £20.
Please note, our next order will be placed at the beginning of May 2017 and we ask members to place their orders for May by Friday 28th April 2017.
Find Out More
For all enquiries about the YORSwitch Bulk Oil Buying Scheme, you can contact us on 01652 637700 or 07539 477046 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Until we can reprint our Membership Forms, please send them to:
HWRCC, Registrar's Office, Baysgarth House, Caistor Road, Barton upon Humber DN18 6AH
Follow us on Twitter - @HWRCC_OilClub