In order to support the organisation to achieve these objectives we are seeking enthusiastic, committed and connected trustees, able to provide strategic leadership, oversee governance and promote the mission, values and activities of the organisation.
HWRA has grown in size and service delivery over the past 2 years covering East Riding of Yorkshire, North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire, responding to and representing community needs including rural community buildings, transport, community development, health and wellbeing, energy and housing.
As a Trustee you’ll bring your experience, knowledge, skills and enthusiasm from your area of work, interest or general life experience. You will also need to demonstrate:
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of the issues facing voluntary and community sector organisations
- The ability to work as a member of the Trustee Board with the Chief Executive and staff team
- An understanding of, and the ability to develop, the HWRA Strategic Objectives
- Your willingness to use your networks to strengthen the charity’s profile and reputation with the public and private sector communities and stakeholders locally and regionally.
A comprehensive induction and training opportunities will be available to assist you in becoming a Trustee.
- Trustee board meetings take place quarterly on pre-determined dates. Currently these are held virtually via Zoom
- In between board meetings, Trustees attend Board Development meetings. This is an opportunity for Trustees to look at particular areas of strategy or governance in more detail as there is limited time for discussion within the busy Board agenda
- Additional time will be required during budget setting/year end activities (February to June) and preparation of Annual Accounts/AGM (September to November)
Out of pocket expenses:
Reasonable, agreed out of pocket expenses will be paid on submission of an expenses claim and supporting evidence of expenditure. Mileage is paid at 45p per mile.
You are requested to complete the Trustee Application form and submit to the CEO and Chair of Trustees who will consider your application against the Trustee role description prior to inviting you in for an informal interview.
We are hoping that appointments can be ratified at the HWRA Trustee Board meeting on the 26th January 2022 or the Extraordinary Budget Setting meeting in February (date to be determined).
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please contact:
Susan Oliver, Chief Executive
Tel: 01652 637700